Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last Weekend: Departure




After ending our internships it was time to celebrate as a group; think about the experience we went through and “rush” as there were so many things left to do.
On Thursday night we all enjoyed our last class dinner. The weather, the place, its view and its atmosphere were amazing; enough to make us all already nostalgic. Thank you professors!
The last weekend was the last chance to do all the things we wanted to in London before the sad departure. No time for too much sleep; it could wait for Tuesday. Some of the many things left to do before the adventure ended were shopping and partying for me. I hadn’t bought anything and found myself surrounded by sales and temptations everywhere; “bad luck” as nothing I really wanted was left. Moreover it was time to get gifts; a task I feel I am getting good at living far from home in the amazing shopping “center” that is New York; always something great to bring back. I visited Bond Street and its surroundings, Knightsbridge, Notting Hill (Portobello market and Ledbury Road) and even more; heat didn’t miss the appointment.
The departure itself was made of lots of packing, nostalgic but also happiness: bitter sweet. I admit not being too sad to finally go “home” (only for two days before heading to the French Riviera Wednesday!) and above all to “real” “real” vacations; something that hasn’t happened to me for a year.
The trip ends; it was one of the most amazing experience of my life; I can’t wait to be back in New York to “write more fashion stories.”

No comments:

Post a Comment